Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bedtime


Help.
I can't get anything done from 8PM to ??? because Leah refuses to fall asleep without some part of her touching some part of me. Anytime "bedtime" is mentioned, the question that quickly follows is: "Mama, are you gonna snuggle with me?" "We're gonna snuggle right?" "Can we snuggle?"
...
I tried being in the room on the bed next to her and still: "Mama can we snuggle?"
"No Leah, Mama needs to get stuff done and you need to go to bed"
*whimper*
She then rolls over to "sleep" as she "slyly" wiggles her body until its compressed with mine.
"Leah move over and go to bed!"
(We have a California King size bed there is NO reason why we need to be cramped to one side.)
Next comes a little hand making its was to my leg, so she can be "touching" me in some way. At this point, I JUST WANT HER TO GO TO BED.
So finally, I think she's asleep.
I quietly try to get up and the slight vibration of me moving out of bed her head POPS up!
"Where you going, mama?"
"Leah can I PLEASE go eat my dinner? I haven't eaten yet."
"Okay, but leave the door open."
I'm on my way out...
"Mom?"
"Yes, Leah?"
"You should eat dinner with me then you wouldn't be so hungry."

I hate it when she's right.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Let's try to make it past 7 posts this time...

Tracie said...

OK, so first things first, WHY OH WHY does this part of Leah remind me so much of Mike? Second, here is some unsolicited advice. You need an incentive program. Buy her a doozy of a present. Stick it somewhere she can see, but can't touch. Make a chart with days on it. Give her a sticker every day she goes to sleep on her own. Work up to it if she freaks out. (Like be in the same room at first or something.) Anyways, tell her if she goes to sleep on her own for 10 nights or whatever, she can have the goods. Worked like a charm with the boys with potty training. Maybe just maybe will work with your little snuggler. If I didn't have my own quiet time at 8, I would just DIE!

Harriet Kuulei Leialoha Wilton said...

Such an angel!

Eva said...

It's your fault...Always complaining that no one will snuggle with you. Well you got what you asked for! Tell Leah I'll SNUGGLE with her!!!!!!!!!!!!